Maximize Space And Home Value With Garage Conversion
If you are looking for a way to enlarge your home without putting out a lot of money for a full blown addition, converting your garage can add up to as much as 600 square feet of additional space. The good news is that you will spend less of your hard earned money than if you build an addition. The bad news is your car may suffer and your neighbors may not like the idea but our professional remodeling services can put your mind at ease that the final project will be appealing to all.
What does A garage conversion involve?
Raising the floor height to allow for insulation over the concrete slab. Fully insulated walls and ceiling. Providing heating and cooling for space, either by tying into the house’s main system or adding an independent one. Opening up the partition wall between your garage and the house to create an open living space. An electrical service upgrade to accommodate the larger load. Replacing garage doors with fully insulated stud walls. Adding windows and doors.
Converting your garage is the perfect option for people who want add more space without going through a major home renovation. Our design-build team will use our expertise and vast knowledge to create a space you are proud to show off. We will work hard to make sure your garage does not look like a garage but rather an inviting space for friends and family. Not to mention that adding square footage increases the value of your property!
Want to learn more about how to maximize space with garage conversion? read more about the garage conversion process in Dallas.
Thinking To Remodel? Kitchen Design & Layout Tips You Should Know
The Joy of High-End Kitchen Design
A kitchen renovation is a great investment that can not only increase the value of your home but can add aesthetic appeal and improve your quality of life.
For most families, the kitchen is the heart of the home. It’s where we gather to share meals, discuss the events of our day, entertain family and friends during the holidays and relax with a cup of coffee after a long day, I
If you just googled “home renovation near me” or General contractors Dallas, searching for the best construction company you can rely on, let us help you! Joseph & Berry is an award-winning luxury remodeling company that offers inspired design and unparalleled craftmanship by people who care about making your life better. Schedule a free consultation with our project developers, and let us design & remodel your ideal kitchen. Call 800-371-8970
High-end renovations can cost anywhere from $80,000 to $250,000 or more depending on the size of your space and the scope of the work. Working with a design-build company means you can expect to end up with the kitchen of your dreams. While kitchen design and aesthetics are important, functionality is the driving factor behind successful kitchen renovations. Good design is more than a professional Wolf range, exotic zebra wood cabinets, and high-end Ann Sacks backsplash tile.
The process begins by assessing your needs. Visit kitchen showrooms, see products up close and begin to assemble ideas and outline the top priorities for your new space. Good kitchen design is the most critical part of the process, more so than any room in your home. What follows are some tips for your kitchen design and layout. These ideas will help ensure a successful kitchen remodel.
PRELIMINARY SPACE-PLANNING AND SCHEMATIC DESIGN
The planning and schematic design phase is the most important aspect of any kitchen remodel. Your kitchen can be filled with top of the line appliances, beautiful materials, and custom-built, solid wood cabinets, but if the layout doesn’t work, it’s not a good design. In the kitchen, more than any other room in your home, a solid space plan and flow are crucial. Anyone who has ever struggled in a poorly designed kitchen knows this.
Your kitchen design can include moving or opening walls, adding addition and relocating infrastructure like plumbing, windows, electricity, and doors. A qualified contractor will take the time upfront to create a schematic plan and an accurate estimate of all costs. This allows you to adjust both the design and budget as needed before construction begins.
FOUR STEPS TO A SOLID KITCHEN DESIGN
Your kitchen design should encompass four stages before construction begins. By taking the time to plan and budget properly, you can eliminate change orders which can be costly and delay your remodels completion. Here are the four steps for an effective design.
1. Develop a plan for space. Start with a wishlist and inspirational images. You can go to sites like Houzz for inspiration. This can help you get started and can give you a starting point for discussions with your design-build contractor. Start by focusing on the space itself, before you get caught up in what it will look like aesthetically. The function should come first! Will you be opening walls? Do you want an island or an L shaped counter? Or a galley kitchen? Where the pots and pans will go isn’t important…yet.
2. Put together your budget. Once you have a space plan begin to establish your budget. This is the point where it will all start to come together. The more accurate your space plan, the more accurate the preliminary budget will be. At this stage, your budget can change as you select materials for cabinets, countertops, tile, and flooring. Want to learn more about kitchen remodeling in Dallas? Click here
3. Blueprints, elevation plans, and 3D renderings. Now that your plan is solid, work with your designer to flush it out aesthetically. Drawings can help you visualize what the finished space will look like, cabinets, flooring, countertops, hardware, fixtures, etc. This is beyond the functional; this is the stage to be creative.
4. Choose materials and finishes. Now that you’re at the drawing stage you can begin to visualize what materials and finishes will go in the space as well as the proportion of those materials.
By the end of the kitchen design process, you should have a final budget, scope of work and optional staring day for your kitchen remodel.
DREAM KITCHEN LAYOUT TIPS
Your designer will understand all of the technical aspects of kitchen design. Your space will be designed to maximize safety and functionality. Keep these National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) guidelines in mind when working with your designer.
• If your kitchen has three work centers, the sum of the distances between them should be no more than 26 feet. No leg of the work triangle should be less than four feet or more than nine feet. The distances between the three primary work centers (cooking, clean-up, and prep) from the “kitchen triangle.”
• No major traffic patterns should cross through the kitchen triangle.
• The width of the work aisle (between the perimeter counter and island for example) should be at least 42 inches for one cook, and at least 48 inches for multiple cooks.
• If your kitchen only has one sink, locate it adjacent to or across from the cooking area.
• Never separate work centers. A full-height and full-depth objects like a pantry cabinet or refrigerator should not separate two primary work centers.
If you are planning a luxury kitchen remodeling make sure you choose the best team for the job. Joseph & Berry understand the idiosyncrasies of high-end kitchen design. Their approach is equal parts form and function and their design team is current with all of the latest kitchen design trends and amenities available. They work closely with their clients to understand their lifestyle and needs to produce the perfect dream kitchen.
Unlike most contractors, with Joseph & Berry, you have a dedicated project manager on site every day until your job is complete. If you live in the Kessler Park, Bishop Art District or greater Dallas, Tx area and are planning a high-end kitchen remodel call Joseph & Berry. We invite you to take advantage of our free consultation! Call us to schedule your consultation and kitchen design & layout tips meeting :(800) 371-8970