Have you been dreaming about a luxurious bathroom, like the one you never want to leave when you visit your favorite boutique hotel? The bathroom that frees up your mind and inspires your biggest dreams, well you have come to the right place.
In the next few minutes, we will share EVERYTHING you need to know before your next bathroom remodel project. As an AWARD-WINNING company, nationally recognized among the top remodelers in the country we have been fortunate enough to design and build several of the most luxurious bathrooms in DFW and the nation.
Today, we will share it all!
Ready? Let’s start.
#1: Great Bathroom Design
Remember that beautiful spa you pampered yourself in on your last birthday? The one with body sprays, eucalyptus steam, soft music... it could have been a jungle outside, but still you could just fall asleep? That feeling was not a coincidence, it was planned very carefully. How, you ask? A bathroom designer, very nice to meet you!
A beautiful bathroom starts with a talented designer. A professional Kitchen and Bathroom designer knows how to choose the right color, tiles, vanity, or light fixture that will evoke the feeling you are looking for. Creative and experienced bathroom designers can even save you money and get the most out of your bathroom budget. Whether it’s a large master bath or a small guest bathroom, the logic is still the same. Trust us, you want to have a professional by your side when it comes to one of the biggest expenses in your home.
Bathroom designers in DFW will walk you through the newest shower trends, beautiful stone options, free-standing tubs, cast iron tubs, and many more bath remodel ideas that you may miss by doing this yourself.
#2: How Much Does It Cost To DESIGN A Bathroom In Dallas?
As always it depends, it can be free with a large design-build company or up to 10% of your total budget. At Joseph & Berry we charge a design fee that is credited in full once we move forward to the construction phase. Other designers may charge an hourly fee. While a young designer charges $75 an hour, an experienced award-winning designer can charge upwards of $500 an hour. As mentioned earlier it is not a coincidence, this is why great designers win design awards year after year with their dream bathroom designs.
For more great bathroom remodeling ideas, CLICK HERE
#3. What should I get from my Kitchen & Bath Designer?
During the design process, your designer should show you several bathroom remodeling pictures, inspiration boards, or any other visual image that can explain the design vision.
Before construction starts, you should have the following items in your hand from the designer:
- Renderings of the bathroom and any other relevant spaces
- Selection sheet – a list of every material planned for your bathroom makeover. For example exact tub, tiles, paint colors, bathroom floor tiles, stone, plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Detailed cabinet drawings and elevations along with measurements, colors, and material specs (solid wood, MDF, particle board, etc.)
- Jobsite visit schedule – A great designer will visit the job site during the construction phase at least twice. At Joseph & Berry, our designers strive to visit the sites on a weekly basis.
#4: Bathroom Remodeling Contractors in Dallas
Who is the right professional to remodel my bathroom? Many options stand in front of you, let’s figure this out once and for all.
Design-Build Company- a one stop shop that has the whole team working under one roof. This includes all team members for the design phase and the construction phase. Design-Build companies in the Dallas area will do projects as small as a single bathroom, a kitchen, whole house remodel, or custom home. [Design- Build is who you should consider hiring if you prefer one point of contact for all your questions – design and construction]
General Contractor- A general contractor is responsible for day to day oversight of a construction site, management of vendors and trades. Typically, a general contractor will get a set of plans that are ready to be built from a 3rd party interior designer. [Consider hiring if you want to work with a specific bathroom designer]
One Man Show [“Chuck in a Truck”] – Typically someone that builds A-Z by himself or with very little help from trades and friends. [Consider hiring for small space and simple home improvements, such as a handyman project or fixing something- always get a strong recommendation and a warranty/guarantee]
#5: Bathroom Remodeling Costs in Dallas, Plano, and the DFW Area
Bathroom remodel costs in the Dallas, TX area usually run between $20,000-$150,000. The average cost for a bathroom remodel in Dallas, TX is $50,000-$70,000.
A large master bathroom cost in Dallas with a professional company can be $50k if you keep the same layout and demo minimum walls. If you plan to reconfigure your bathroom to your ultimate dream layout while using high-end finishes such as exotic slabs, custom cabinetry, unique plumbing fixtures, digital controllers, a steam shower, and real marble tile, it can drive the cost up to $120k or higher.
Guest Bathroom costs in Plano, Dallas, and DFW surrounding will be $20k for a standard bathroom and up to $50k if you want to convert your tub shower into a standing shower while covering all your walls with stone tiles. same numbers can apply to other types of small bathrooms or powder rooms.
Bathroom remodeling costs can be varied and depend on the size of the bathroom, style, cabinetry, plumbing fixtures, tiles, technology and much more. Whether you would like to update your guest bathroom or build your dream Master Spa that is controlled by a touch pad surrounded by custom tiles, the possibilities are truly endless.
For high-end bathroom remodeling services, homeowners in Dallas, TX know they can turn to Joseph & Berry Luxury Remodel. We understand the importance of having a beautiful luxurious bathroom that matches the sophistication and elegance of the rest of your home. This is why we offer comprehensive bathroom remodels where we transform almost every aspect of the space from layout to vanity and flooring. We believe few other bathroom remodeling contractors in the Dallas area- if any- can deliver the gorgeous designs, top tier materials, and exceptional craftsmanship offered by Joseph & Berry Luxury Remodel.
#6: Bathroom Remodeling Companies [How to choose the best one for me]
1. Check Online Reviews- ask your bathroom contractor to provide you with 1-3 past client’s contact information that will share their experience.
If your contractor fails to provide you with names you should stay away.
2. Project Manager on Site- who will run my project, and how many times will I see him? At Joseph & Berry, our Project Managers visit their job sites EVERYDAY. This is not the industry standard, a typical contractor will visit your site ONCE a week, it is good to find this out up front.
3. Website Portfolio- Check their previous projects and the quality of their photos. Good quality photos usually mean a company takes pride in their work and have very happy homeowners that are glad to show off their project. Great photos also mean a company takes part in the industry design competitions and belong to professional associations such as NARI, Dallas Builder Association, IDS, ASID and AIA.
4. Budget- Remodeling should be budgeted carefully, make sure that you work with a company that offers you a realistic budget that fits your comfort zone.
5. Detailed Scope of Work in Writing, including specifications and materials- Before you sign any paperwork, you need to know exactly how many can lights your contractor plans to install, the type of fixtures, vanity, glass, and tiles. There is no room for assumptions, if it is not clear enough, it will work against you.
6. Warranty- Make sure that your contractor is standing behind their work, ask for at least a 2-year warranty. At Joseph & Berry, we are so confident in our craftsmanship, materials, and ability to deliver the quality that we offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY!
7. Communication - The last and most important one. Make sure that you are standing in front of people you believe will answer your phone when things get shaky. Unfortunately, in remodeling, things go wrong from time to time. You must make sure that your contractor will be upfront about addressing those issues and decent enough to stand behind his mistakes.
#7: Bathroom Remodeling Ideas, Dallas, TX
Don’t really know your style? Not sure what kind of design will make a difference in your own bathroom or kitchen remodel? Looking for bathroom remodeling ideas and don’t know where to start? You are not alone, and we have you covered.
There are many places to get some inspiration. Here are some great places to start:
Houzz: the largest website in the world today for home improvement and design inspiration
Pinterest: a great place to explore photos and design in all industries
Local remodeling companies and designers’ websites – feel free to check our Portfolio
Contact Us Today
If you are ready to beautify and recreate your bathroom, don’t wait any longer! Contact Joseph & Berry today for more information about the bathroom renovation services we proudly offer to the great homeowners throughout DFW and surrounding areas.